Skip to main content

Project life - my album (part five)




I'm really pleased with how these pages about our Norfolk trip this year came out. Maybe it's because the trip was pretty fresh in my memory, or because I was working with photos I'd selected for the purpose, but I feel the colours and styles really work well. The cards are a mix of Heidi Swapp September Skies and Favourite Things, with a few Becky Higgins Sweet speciality themed cards thrown in for good measure. 

This picture and quote is taken from a tourist brochure I picked up while we were there. I cut it down to fit over the three pockets. 


As part of the journalling, I wrote about our trip to see the seals at Blakeney Point. They were really cheeky - popping up all around the boats to say hi, so this Fine & Dandy sticker was the perfect embellishment. Luke laughed his socks off when he saw this, he loved it. 


It was my birthday shortly before we went away and Luke got me a bottle of Nyetimber, the award-winning English sparkling wine. We drank it while we were there. Funnily enough, we had loads of things go wrong on this holiday - the tent leaked, it rained quite a lot, Luke fell off his bike and hurt his hand, but I still absolutely loved it and wish we could go back right now. 




Once again I printed out too many photos, plus I had lots of little bits that I'd picked up on our travels, so I bound them all together to a piece of thick card fronted with this Becky Higgins card. I really like the rustic effect of the twine. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opinions needed

I have a beautiful, really delicate vintage filigree brooch in the shape of a butterfly. The trouble is, I can't decide whether to make it into a necklace or a bracelet. What do you guys think? (Sorry about the blurry photo - that's what happend when I only have my phone, not the proper camera):

Win a bracelet!

It's competition time! Would you like to win a one of a kind bracelet made from a vintage brooch, chunky amazonite nuggets, rock crystal, pretty pink Peruvian opal and Swarovski crystals? One that fastens with a cute heart-shaped toggle clasp? I thought so! Just to whet your appetite a bit more, here's a couple of pictures: Because it's nearly Valentine's Day I thought I'd have a bit of a soppy theme. So, to win all you have to do is follow me on Twitter here (if you're not already a follower, if you are you can get retweeting right away) and RT any of my tweets that mention the words "Valentine's", "love", "romance" or "romantic". For each RT you will be entered into the draw (no more than one an hour, though!). For two bonus entries, just blog about Made With Love or this competition. The competition runs until midnight on February 9th and I will be announcing the winner then via this blog. Good luck!

A wet Wednesday watercolour project to try

I'm actually going to the theatre tonight, so it's more likely to be a soggy Thursday project, but I couldn't resist the alliteration! I fell in love instantly with this dip dyed watercolour stationary project from Paper & Stitch - definitely one for me to have a go at! I have card, but I also have little craft envelopes and TAGS (brilliant!) that would look amazing with this done.